Yes, you did read that correctly….. chocolate truffles made with goats cheese, and they are delicious. We have been asked for the recipe, so here it is… enjoy!
- 6 oz Fresh Fielding Cottage Goats Curd
- 6 oz dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- 1oz Cocoa powder
- Melt the chocolate over a gentle heat, stir until smooth and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a mixer, beat cheese, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon until light and fluffy.
- Mix in cooled chocolate until well blended.
- Chill in fridge for 45 minutes (if base gets too cold, it’s hard to shape into balls)
- Remove from fridge and, using a small scoop form 1” balls and coat with cocoa.
- Put truffles on waxed paper and chill for about 30 minutes.
We’d love to know if you try this at home – let us know what you think!